Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor (Centre for Communication Skills)
Job no: 34491
Department: Centre for Communication Skills
Contract type: Contract, Permanent
The Centre for Communication Skills (CCS) offers quality courses and services that would develop the English language and communication abilities of SIT students so that they are competent and effective in fulfilling their academic requirements, and are confident and successful in discharging their professional roles and responsibilities.
As a faculty member, you will form part of a team of experts who are passionate about teaching in the higher education sector. You will be responsible for teaching communication skills (including English for Academic Purposes, Writing in the Disciplines, Career Skills, and Professional and Interpersonal Communication) to undergraduates in various programs and are also expected to be involved in applied research work with the industry.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- A PhD or Master’s degree from a reputable university in Applied Linguistics, Communication, or a related field
- A proven record of and strong commitment to teaching, with at least three years of experience teaching writing and/or communication skills at the tertiary level
- Considerable expertise in course design, coordination and evaluation
- Relevant industry experience (preferred)
- A good track record in applied research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are excited to be at the forefront of pioneering higher education, embark on your career with SIT today!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend