Professional Officer (Biomedical Engineering) - Project (AW)
Job no: 494509
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
Contribute to undergraduate teaching in final year design projects and provide competency support for SIT in-house projects.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Develop Computer Aided Drawings (CAD) for microfluidic prototype
- Fabricate microfluidics devices using a combination of CNC, 3D printers and tools such as mechanical drills and saws
- Test microfluidic prototypes with cell cultures
- Grow and maintain biological cells (training will be provided)
- Literature review and report writing
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the design, fabrication and testing of microfluidics.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in microfluidics development or related domains
- Have a degree in Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Bioengineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of cell culture and Raspberry programming will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is compulsory.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend