Professional Officer (Computer Science) - Project (BS)
Job no: 494512
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate in and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- You will record and prepare 360° video recordings for integration into the virtual reality mobility training (VMRT) app.
- You will be required to implement the VRMT app with the 360° videos using Unity3D and any necessary plugins and deploy the VRMT app on an omni-directional VR treadmill (e.g., KatVR) with a suitable VR head-mounted display (HMD) like the HTC Vive Pro.
- You will assist in coordination of students in project for design of safety support for VMRT.
- You will procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in computer science, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Ability to work in a highly agile development environment.
- Good foundation of fundamental programming concepts (e.g., Data Structures, Algorithms and OOP). Knowledge in computer graphics, computer vision and/or game programming techniques is a plus.
- Equipped with basic hands-on skills in design and fabrication of mechanical structures.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend