Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering and Food Technology) - Project (KY)
Job no: 494513
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate in and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- You will be required to work proficiently and independently on various research aspect of the project (i.e. starch modification, product characterisation, and food model application) and provide timely updates on project progression.
- You will endeavour to publish at least one peer-reviewed journal article.
- You will procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in Food Technology/Science, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Food Technology or Food Science or a related field.
- Experience with industry research and food product development is preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Experience with food hydrocolloids including starch and physical characterization techniques will have an added advantage.
- Experience in analytical method development preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend