Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering and Food Technology) - Project (RT)
Job no: 494514
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate in and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- You will be required to carry out the following independently and proficiently:
- Carry out isolation and identification of Campylobacter jejuni in poultry meat samples and establish biochemical and molecular detection methodology on food pathogen.
- Identify and establish working limits of reducing agents and/or oxygen quenching compounds in the new microaerophilic media for the growth of Campylobacter jejuni.
- Schedule randomised sampled regime to achieve statistically significant poultry meats in Singapore.
- Ensure good laboratory practices on handling and culturing of Campylobacter jejuni in accordance to AVA guidelines.
- You will procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project and carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in Molecular Biology or Microbiology, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Master/PhD degree in Molecular Biology and/or Microbiology or a related field from a recognized University.
- At least 2 years of relevant industry experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Experience in molecular biology and/or microbiology research areas.
- Working experience in a Biological safety Laboratory Level 2.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend