Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering and Food Technology) - Project (JD)
Job no: 494517
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate in and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- You will work in the laboratory setting to analyse the rheological and textural properties of various food products and ingredients, optimize the formulation of texture-modified foods and analyse their rheological properties, and conduct sensory evaluation of the developed formulation to assess their acceptability.
- You will be required to write technical reports on a regular basis and work with the collaborator to develop practical methods and standards for kitchen application.
- You will assist in the coordination of students in projects related to the formulation of texture-modified food.
- You will procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in Food Technology/Science, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology or Food Science or a related field such as Analytical Chemistry.
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Preferably with experience in food formulation or food characterization.
- Experience in analytical method development is preferred but optional.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend