Professional Officer (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering) - Project (ZJX)
Job no: 494522
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate in and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- You will liaise with SIT faculty, local rail industry and international collaborators on the data requirements and inputs for the modelling and simulation of Singapore’s rail signalling systems and network.
- You are required to design and work out railway signalling, routing and timetable case studies and compare different signalling systems through railway simulation.
- Other responsibilities include documentation and evaluation on railway simulation and courses, maintain the railway simulator lab, and assist instructors in the railway simulation based training.
- You will procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A good degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university. A Master or higher degree will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux/Solaris system and simulation is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of modelling and simulation particularly in land transport/ traffic system will be advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Experience and commitment in supervising student projects and providing training.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend