Professional Officer (Computing Science)
Job no: 494542
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- A good degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines from a reputable University. Possessing a Master or PhD degree will be advantageous
- Have a firm grasp of several programming languages, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware.
- Keen interest to support research and academic project work, with demonstrated ability in developing software solutions to technical problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and pursue professional certification programs. Industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend