Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering) - Project (BL)
Job no: 494546
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), and industry partner to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement of all relevant hardware and software and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Develop and craft engineering solutions for flexible containment in the pharma and chemical industries. Containment systems could include continuous bag-in/bag-out system, flexible enclosures and charging systems. These systems are used to handle potential hazardous chemicals to protect both the user and the material. For use in the pharma plants, the performance outcome would be compliance to cGMP and US Pharmacopeia requirements.
- Support on-site activities like installation, troubleshooting and training, provide any relevant technical support for containment systems.
- Create and make presentations as well as data mining of emerging technologies.
- Able to create, design and make alterations to concepts, layouts and detailed drawings using SolidWorks and Autocad.
- Have at least 3 years of industry related work experience.
- Have a degree in Chemical or related Engineering from a recognized university.
- Experience in supervising student projects and providing training will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend