Professional Officer (Engineering) - Project (EF)
Job no: 494547
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will work together with the PI, co-PIs, and the industry partner to carry out energy forecasting algorithm development for load energy consumption and solar irradiance, and probabilistic uncertainty modelling for forecasting errors.
- You will also work with the research team members to carry out energy optimisation algorithm development for solar energy systems to achieve energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- You will supervise meter/sensor installation, integration of data from meters/sensors, and ensure function delivery.
- You will manage project data collection, pre-date processing and data analytics.
- You will carry out reality-based software system design for solar energy systems with battery storage.
- You will carry out visualisation of real-time measurement, forecasting results and energy management strategies.
- You will also supervise student helpers involved in the research project.
- You will be required to generate project reports and preferably one journal paper.
- You will procure and manage all relevant consumables required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- As a Professional Officer trained in Electrical Engineering, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities, provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from a recognized university, with strong programming skills.
- Postgraduate degree with a background in forecasting and optimization algorithm development is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in forecasting and optimization algorithm development for smart grid applications.
- Programming skills in Python, R or Matlab in probabilistic forecasting, time series forecasting and probabilistic analysis.
- Programming skills in CPLEX or Gurobi in mixed integer linear programming and stochastic programming.
- Familiarity with data servers and experience in Building Management System (BMS).
- Experience and commitment in supervising student projects and providing training.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend