Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering) - Project (RT)
Job no: 494586
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Measure the adhesion forces of selected APIs on various surfaces.
- Understand the deposition behaviours of selected APIs on various surfaces.
- Determine the extent of API contamination of different surfaces under varying flow regimes.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of surface science characterization techniques (e.g. AFM, QCM-D, XPS, XRD etc)
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the R&D or QA/QC environment
- Have a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Mechanical Engineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of surface science will be advantageous
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend