Professional Officer (Civil Engineering)
Job no: 494589
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of structural, geotechnical, construction and hydraulics engineering.
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in civil engineering environment.
- Have a degree in Civil Engineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of good industry practices and technological applications in the field will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend