Professional Officer (Analytical Chemistry)
Job no: 494601
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Work in the laboratory setting to analyse volatile compounds by using GC/MS.
- Perform olfactory analysis of volatile compounds.
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. PCA) of the results.
- Work with collaborator to optimise analytical methods.
- Contribute to regular progress reports for communication with project stakeholder.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Supervise SIT undergraduate students on laboratory work.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in using GC/MS.
- Have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in analytical chemistry and statistical analysis is preferred.
- Have a degree in in food technology or food science or chemistry. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Have good sensory and olfactory skills. Be independent and have good project management skills.
- Able to communication technical results effectively and be a team player.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend