Professional Officer (Anatomy)
Job no: 494609
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare, dissect, photograph and create multimedia resources to be used as anatomical learning tools, such as three dimensional imaging.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in leading Human Anatomy practical classes with cadaveric specimens.
- Have at least 5 years of work experience in human anatomy. Good knowledge of gross anatomy is essential.
- Have a degree in Biological Science or Anatomy from a recognised University. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Experience in laboratory management will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend