Professional Officer (Ultrasound & Mammography)
Job no: 494610
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Operate Diagnostic Ultrasound equipment for teaching purposes using sonographic phantoms.
- Setup and maintain diagnostic radiography and radiation therapy teaching facilities.
- Conduct and support Diagnostic Radiography and related Health and Social Sciences (HSS) practical sessions and assessments.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the operation and maintenance of ultrasound equipment.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience as a Sonographer in areas of General and Specialized Sonography such as Abdominal, Breast, Obstetric and Gynaecological, Small Parts (e.g. Thyroid, Testes), Vascular and Musculoskeletal.
- Have a diploma or degree in Medical Imaging or Radiography/Sonography from a recognized University. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge in ultrasound physics and instrumentation will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend