Professional Officer (Software Engineering) - Project (JL)
Job no: 494612
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principle Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Research and development of custom Virtual Reality (VR) applications, and build VR features for a range of use cases.
- Assist in designing and creating custom Virtual Reality (VR) interaction methods.
- Design and conduct user evaluations of the Virtual Reality (VR) applications
- Analyze user evaluation results using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have at least 3 years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java and/or Python is preferred. Experience with Virtual Reality (VR) including, but not limited to, developing applications in frameworks such as Unity3D or similar game-like engines and 3D graphics, OpenGL, rendering will be advantageous.
- Have a degree in a computing-related domain, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, etc. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Able to work well in an Agile development team (e.g. Scrum and/or TDD) and passionate about all things AR/VR and other areas of innovation. Research, implement and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Applicants with equivalent industry related experiences may be considered.
- Applicants with lesser experience but have keen interest in these areas may apply.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend