Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering) - Project (ZJ)
Job no: 495631
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Carry out polymer dope formulation and preparation
- Fabricate hydrophobic membranes
- Characterize, evaluate and optimize the membranes
- Carry out pilot scale study
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of water treatment and membrane development
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the membrane/thermal based separation environment
- Have a degree in chemical engineering or related fields. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous
- Knowledge of analytical instruments and water chemistry will be advantageous
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend