Professional Officer (Software Engineering) - Project (TCT)
Job no: 494573
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Assist in setting up a mobile 3D mobile mapping rig to obtain rich 3D streetscape data from outdoor environments.
- Research and develop computer vision software for post-processing the 3D streetscape data above.
- Assist in designing and creating custom Virtual Reality (VR) input hardware.
- Research and develop a Virtual Reality application using the above hardware.
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Research and evaluate various Machine Learning (ML) algorithms.
- Develop backend ML software to power a real-time mobile application.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of data structures and algorithms.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in general-purpose programming languages like C/C++, C#, Java and/or Python and the ability to work well in an Agile development team (e.g. Scrum and/or TDD).
- Have a degree in a computing-related domain, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, etc. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Experience in developing native mobile apps in Swift/Obj-C and/or Java/Kotlin using iOS and/or Android frameworks as well as in Unity3D or similar game-like engines will be advantageous.
- Applicants with equivalent industry experience may be considered.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend