Professional Officer (Mechatronics)
Job no: 494579
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Mentor students to enhance their technical problem-solving skills through practical learning activities. The learning activities include but are not limited to laboratory classes, hands-on projects or Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Developing laboratory learning materials and carrying out assessment for student learning can form part of the responsibilities.
- Work proactively with the Faculty to design, plan and enhance laboratory facilities for the Mechanical Engineering Programme with the focus on Healthcare Engineering, Smart Designs, Robotics Automation as well as on other teaching and research activities.
- Manage laboratory resources and ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and software. Provide training to students and new users on the usage of laboratory equipment.
- Support research and industrial projects undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Carry out Risk Assessment related to teaching, research and student activities. Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaise with vendors/suppliers.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of in IoT and electronics / PCB fabrication.
- Have at least 5 years of industry related work experiences.
- Have a degree in Electronic Engineering. Experience in design and development of healthcare related devices will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend