Professional Officer (Multidisciplinary) - Project (ZY)
Job no: 494603
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes and projects etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form a part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- System design and purchasing of parts
- Develop and install high-speed optical sensing prototyping on simulated rail track indoor and outdoor
- Develop a mockup demonstration for track defects detection
- Develop a prototype of obstacle detection by LIDAR, vision and other sensor technologies
- Document the project and develop operation manual for the developed system.
- Have deep and hands-on competence in the areas of sensor technologies, such as LIDAR, Laser, Machine Vision and others.
- Have good documentation and communication skills, teamwork and ability to collaborate with academy and industry.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in research and development work.
- Have a degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer/Mechatronics or related fields. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience on system integration will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend