Professional Officer (Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering) - Project (DK)
Job no: 495646
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Gathering of design and operational data for the case ships
- Participate in the specification of the tools and selection framework for suitable ship energy systems
- Carry out modelling of ship energy systems and of multiple-criteria decision-making framework using given specifications and utilizing appropriate software
- Carry out validation of the models and lead the case studies
- Liaise with industry partners with regards to all matters relating to the project
- Report writing
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of marine technology, marine engineering and naval architecture
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the marine industry
- Have a BEng (Honours) or Masters degree (preferable) in Engineering, specializing in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Knowledge of MATLAB (SimuLink), AutoCAD and NAPA will be advantageous
- Strong skills and knowledge in shipboard systems modelling, resistance and propulsion of ships
- Good appreciation of maritime business fundamentals
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend