Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor (Centre for Communication Skills)
Job no: 34491
Department: Centre for Communication Skills
Contract type: Contract, Permanent
The Centre for Communication Skills (CCS) offers quality courses and services that would develop the English language and communication abilities of SIT students so that they are not only competent in fulfilling their academic requirements, but also confident and polished in discharging their professional roles and responsibilities.
As a faculty member, you will form part of a team of experts who are passionate about teaching in the higher education sector. You will be responsible for teaching communication skills (including English for Technical and Academic Purposes, Writing in the Disciplines, Career Skills, and Professional and Interpersonal Communication) to undergraduates in various programs. In addition, you are expected to be involved in applied research work with the industry.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- A PhD, EdD or Master’s degree from a reputable university in Applied Linguistics, Communication, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in teaching writing in higher education or training in communication skills in a professional context
- Considerable expertise in course design and evaluation, coordination and assessment
- A keen interest in educating and nurturing young adults for the professions
- Relevant industry experience (preferred)
- A good track record in applied research (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are excited to be at the forefront of pioneering higher education, embark on your career with SIT today!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend