Manager, Centre for Career Readiness (Career Coach) (Engineering / Infocomm Technology)
Job no: 495644
Department: Centre for Career Readiness
Contract type: Contract
You will be responsible for building relationships and creating awareness among organisations with regard to the benefits of participating in the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) and hiring SIT students. You will also be responsible to work with students in their career development.
- Actively reach out to organisations to build and cultivate partnerships to facilitate their talent management programmes.
- Proactively develop and implement strategies designed to increase student employment opportunities for our students for the Integrated Work Study Programme as well as full-time employment in the Engineering/Infocomm Technology industries for SIT students.
- Work with the team to develop employer engagement and strengthen employer relationships through planning and organising networking opportunities and recruitment presentations.
- Support activities related to the career development of students such as event planning and management, data management, and advocacy.
- Oversee a group of engineering students to develop and deliver customised one-on-one or small group career coaching on career options and career strategies, resume and cover letter review, development of job search strategies and interview preparation. This will also include assessing students' career exploration needs and determine what resources are most helpful to them.
- Conduct regular outreach efforts including workshops and presentations to classes, student clubs and organisations.
- Build strong partnerships with faculty and Overseas University partners to roll out career planning activities.
- Use the online systems effectively to reach out and track students and their progress and keep track of student employment.
- Any other duties as assigned by Director, Centre for Career Readiness.
- Degree in Engineering/Infocomm Technology.
- Preferably at least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the Engineering / Infocomm Technology sector.
- Passionate about helping students secure the right jobs for their needs and aspirations.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to both students and corporate leaders.
- Organised and mature, able to lead and motivate in a fast-paced environment.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend