Job no: 495664
Department: Office of the VP (Planning)
Contract type: Contract, Permanent
Reporting to the Archivist, the Assistant Archivist is responsible for the administration of SIT Archives collection and supports collection development and all archival activities. The duties will include:
Collection and System Management
• Oversees, drives and leads in collection management of SIT Archives, including the review of work flow and procedures, cataloguing of the Collection to the Archives Management System (ArMS), and the longer-term storage and preservation of the Collection
• Works closely with Communications & Information Technology (CIT) colleagues to handle the technical demands for ArMS and the SIT Archives Online Catalogue (SAO)
• Coordinates and supports in collection development, working closely with Archivist in enriching the Collection with the most significant materials of endearing historical value evident of SIT’s history and campus development.
• Coordinate and arrange for documentation of significant Corporate and Faculty events and activities, as well as conducting oral history interviews to supplement and contextualize the contents.
• Assist in research for the processing and cataloguing of contents
Outreach Activities and Events
• Handles materials and loan requests, and enquiries on the Collection, and ensures prompt and efficient responses to users
• Oversees and manages the contents for online presence (sharepoint) of SIT Archives, and maybe called upon to write articles to highlight the work done by the Archives team
• Assist and participate in outreach activities to raise awareness of SIT Archives
Management of student archives assistants (student helpers) and project staff
• Manages, supervises and tracks work progress with student archives assistants and project staff.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in relevant fields such as history, information studies or library and information science or equivalent
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in an institution with experience in digital archiving work
- Good communications and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal command of English
- Has technology savvy and able to handle work dealing with management systems
- Able to delegate with good work planning skills while being an effective team player
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend