Professional Officer (Computer Engineering) - Project (KL)
Job no: 495666
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Conceptualize, ideate, and create mixed reality (MR) experiences through the development of mixed reality applications
- Research and development of custom Mixed Reality (MR) applications and build MR features for a range of use cases.
- Design and conduct user evaluations of Mixed Reality (MR) applications
- Create VFX (Particles/Shaders/Mesh Deformation) for 3D applications
- Assist the PI in drafting of reports, conference proceedings and journal articles based on the outcome of the project.
- Prepare and share fortnightly report of results from the computation with the Program Director and PI.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of application development, with knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, Python and object-oriented programming skills, as well as good understanding of design, animation and modern graphic techniques.
- Background or previous experience with mixed, augmented or virtual reality including, but not limited to, developing applications in frameworks such as Unity3D or similar game engines and 3D graphics, OpenGL and the Shuriken Particle System (standard rendering pipeline) will be advantageous.
- Have a degree in Computer Engineering, Computing or related discipline.
- Able to work well in an Agile development team (e.g. Scrum and/or TDD) and passionate about all things AR/VR and other areas of innovation, with knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Applicants with equivalent industry related experience will be considered.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend