Professional Officer (Computer Engineering) - Project (KL)
Job no: 495666
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Conceptualize, ideate, and create mixed reality experiences through the development of mixed reality experiences and applications
- Develop, debug and refine the core application features
- Design animations and top quality effects or materials that complements the concepts and
ideas for the mixed reality experiences
- Create VFX (Particles/Shaders/Mesh Deformation) for 3D applications.
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) simulations and/or hand calculations.
- Assist the PI in drafting of reports, conference proceedings and journal articles based on the outcome of the project.
- Prepare and share fortnightly report of results from the computation with the Program Director and PI.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of application development, C# and object-oriented programming skills as well as good understanding of design, animation and modern graphic techniques.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience with game programming, Unity game engine, Unity3D and its Shuriken Particle System (standard rendering pipeline).
- Have a degree in Computer Engineering or Computing.
- Background or previous experience with mixed, augmented or virtual reality is advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend