Professional Officer (Energy Efficiency Technology Centre)
Job no: 495668
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Work with the faculty and companies on energy assessment projects in industrial systems
- Co-develop and co-deliver training in energy efficiency in industrial systems to adult learners and students
- Mentor students in energy assessment projects to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be classroom training, laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities/materials and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Outreach to the industry to bring in energy assessment projects to the Centre.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the following areas:
- Industrial systems such as: Chilled Water System, Cooling and Refrigeration System, Mechanical Ventilation System, Heating system, Process Separation, Process Heat Integration, Process Compressor System, Steam and Condensate System, Compressed Air System, Motor Driven System, Power Distribution System and Electric Motors, Combined Cycle and Co-generation System, Lighting System, Process Specific system etc.
- Have at least 5 to 10 years of project work experience in energy efficiency. Certified Energy Efficiency Opportunity Assessor or Singapore Certified Energy Manager will be advantageous.
- Have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
About Energy Efficiency Technology Centre (EETC)
In collaboration with NEA, the Energy Efficiency Technology Centre (EETC) at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) aims to be the leading technology innovation centre to support local industries on energy efficiency initiatives.
EETC aspires to promote and develop energy efficiency capability and new technologies in the local energy ecosystem for industrial sectors.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend