Professional Officer (Mechatronics) - Project (MSK2)
Job no: 495673
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
At SIT's Professional Officers Division, we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place.
We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energise our industry and the wider community.
A Professional Officer has a combination of job responsibilities relating to the following: mentor and facilitate student learning, participate in and manage innovation projects and manage laboratory resources.
For this role, your primary area of responsibility is on industry innovation projects where you will be part of the team to design and develop a lightweight dexterous robotic manipulation system for inspection and sample collection tasks in an outdoor environment setting.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Design and develop a lightweight dexterous robotic manipulation system for inspection and sample collection tasks
- Virtually simulate the designed robotic manipulation system using relevant engineering softwares
- System design, purchase and integration of mechatronics components
- Integrate developed system with a ground-aerial robotic system developed by project collaborator
- Document the project and develop operation manual for the developed robotic system
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of mechanism design, mechatronics design and fabrication will be required.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in the research and development environment. Applicants with lesser experience but have keen interest in these areas may apply.
- Have a degree in Mechanical/ Mechatronics or related fields. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Experience in the areas of modelling, simulation and system integration (particularly in robotics) will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend