Learning System Manager
Job no: 495674
Department: Centre for Learning Environment & Assessment
Contract type: Contract
We are looking for a Learning System Manager who will be working in the Centre for Learning Environment and Assessment Development (CoLEAD).
CoLEAD supports and advances teaching and learning practices in SIT, for example, it has created the [Math and Physics Quest games] (https://www.singaporetech.edu.sg/students/adaptive-online-courses) to get students up to speed before their first year in SIT. We are a team of academics and learning designers who are passionate about creating novel learning experiences to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Lead a small team to develop, operationalize and maintain an in-house online adaptive learning system
- Employ data analytics tools to conduct and report on data analysis of students performance
- Evaluate and update existing course materials to address students’ learning needs; design and create learning activities or content in the scope of pre-university and university Physics/Mathematics, in consultation with learning designers and teaching faculty
- Collaborate with staff including media producers, educational technologists, teaching and learning experts, for the creation of engaging and interactive learning content
- Explore and research with new technology to improve current adaptive learning system
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Math, Physics, Engineering, IT or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in statistical analysis or data analytics
- Experience in web design or programming would be advantageous
- Passion for advancing the University's commitment to excellence in learning and teaching
- Experienced working in a collaborative teaching environment
- Experience in teaching Physics/Mathematics, preferably at O and A levels
- Familiar with learner-centered pedagogy, ability to develop instructionally sound materials for online learning
- Ability to embrace new teaching pedagogies and willingness to develop new methodologies to enhance students’ learning
- Skilled at translating technical concepts and practices for generalist audiences
- This position requires a high level of design and technical creativity, initiative, active listening, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend