Assistant Director, Applied Research, Innovation and Enterprise
Job no: 495679
Department: Technology Innovation and Enterprise
Contract type: Contract
The Assistant Director reports to the Director, Applied Research, Innovation and Enterprise (ARIE) Division. He/she is responsible for leading a team to jointly develop and support research projects and Technology Innovation Centres with our academic clusters and industry.
We are looking for candidates to oversee and manage the Infocomm Technology / Engineering Cluster.
- must have a relevant degree in Engineering, Computing or Science from a reputable University;
- familiarity with at least one of the following areas: Energy, Transport, Building Services, Maritime, Aerospace, Telematics, Communications and/or Cybersecurity sectors will be an advantage;
The candidate will lead a team to:
- develop and execute strategies to foster multi-disciplinary research collaborations;
- identify and engage academic staff, agencies and industry partners for research collaborations;
- develop business proposals, budgetary requirements, financial models and cash flow projections for research collaborations.
- coordinate and negotiate with funding sponsors and industry partners on research funding, deliverables, KPIs and legal agreements;
- coordinate and manage SIT internal stakeholders for support needed for industry collaborations;
- manage progress and KPIs for reporting to stakeholders;
- develop industry outreach programmes to maintain and strengthen relationship with industry partners;
- oversee the management of technology innovation centres;
- promote entrepreneurship spirit in the pursuit of applied research and innovation;
- plan and oversee events and activities organized to foster industry collaborations and entrepreneurship development.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership and supervisory skills to lead a team for high performance;
- Extensive experience in business development, managing research collaborations and handling legal agreements;
- Familiar with national strategic research initiatives and funding support from government agencies;
- Enjoy working closely with industry, academic staff and students in an educational environment and believe in educating new generations of students;
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team;
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-moving environment;
- Possess strong analytical skills with an eye-for-details;
- Have good persuasive writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend