Professional Officer (IT Projects)
Job no: 495683
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Works with Head (AccTech Centre) and other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts team in the development and running of applied research projects.
- Plan, procure and manage accounting technology projects in business process improvements such as digitization of processes in collaboration with the Accountancy sector, particularly the small and medium sized Audit firms.
- Mentoring of students during industry projects to enhance their software development skills.
- Participates in the project/s together with faculty and students when innovation project opportunities arise.
- Outreach to the industry to bring in Accountancy projects to the Centre.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Hand-on and must have a firm grasp for programming, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware.
- Keen interest to support research and academic project work, with demonstrated ability in developing software solutions to technical problems.
- At least 3 years of industry experience on information technology projects. Proven working experience as Software Developer or relevant experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- A good degree in Information Technology or Computing from a recognized University. Major in Software Engineering or possessing a Master degree will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend