Professional Officer (Software Security) - Project (VB)
Job no: 496698
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and industry collaborators to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Design a web security protocol for representing cyber attacks
- Develop an API and a web-based solution to capture attack info and store in a customized, scalable repository
- Customize a vulnerability assessment tool for detecting web application vulnerabilities using info from the repository in part (2)
- Integrate point (2) to a search engine for new attack info
- Assist in progress and technical documentation on research work
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have an understanding of cyber security vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience and deep, hands-on competence in designing and prototyping of web-based solutions, database application development and / or open-source customization.
- Have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- An excellent team player who can cope in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend