Professional Officer (Mechanical / System Engineering) - Project (LCY)
Job no: 496699
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Integrate robotic manipulators with various sensors and peripheral equipment.
- Program robotic arms to perform pick and place, and liquid handling operations.
- Design and fabricate end-effectors, jigs and fixtures required for the operations.
- Implement automated quality control algorithms into the system.
- Perform data collection and analysis.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects, etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of system integration and development.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in system integration and development (e.g. robotic workcell, customized automation system etc)
- Have a degree in mechanical engineering, system engineering or other relevant engineering degree. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge in robot programming, end-effector design & fabrication, jigs & fixture design, industrial automation, electro-mechanical system, programmable logic controller (PLC), data analytics (e.g. with Python) will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend