Manager (Student Organisation)
Job no: 496715
Department: Student Life
Contract type: Contract
Student Life is committed to facilitating student learning and the development of the student body. The Manager, Student Life (Student Organisations) is responsible and will be tasked with daily operations of the division, which includes project management, student relationship development and partnership management. The position contributes to the creation of a vibrant student life and university campus.
The Manager of Student Life reports directly to the Senior Manager, Student Life.
- Mentor and develop student leaders in the clubs and committees under Student Organisations through continuous learning.
- Build student relationships and hone their leadership qualities, by engaging them through programme-based performing arts and cultural and special interest’s activities.
- Research, formulate and execute processes for the arts and cultural groups in areas of trainings, competitions and performances.
- Plan and organise arts and culture initiatives to increase the awareness, exposure and interest in student population.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant guidelines and policies during events planning and procurement.
- Manage operations of Student Organisations:
- Review and evaluate clubs and committees’ proposals, budget, administrative and logistic matters.
- Supervise and manage student-related activities such as University-wide, Campus-wide and internal events.
- Support student-led meetings and guide clubs and committees on their discussions and proposals for new projects and welfare initiatives.
- Ensure proper handover between outgoing and incoming student leaders.
- Spearhead Student Organisation Key events such as Student Leaders Town Hall.
- Prepare and review reflection journal to assess student leaders’ learning outcomes and appraise their performance.
- Assist in the management of facilities and inventories under the Student Organisation. This includes maintaining student lounges and student club rooms, managing clubs and committees’ bookings such as dance studio, and stock check of equipment / inventories.
- Create opportunities to encourage and challenge student’s personal development and growth.
- Network with external partners, universities and stakeholders to create enriching and cross-sharing platforms for student leaders.
- Carry out administrative functions such as finance reconciliation and recording of achievements / awards.
- Degree from a good University with 8 years’ experience in a similar position in an educational/community/corporate environment.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, to connect with students, and bridge students and staff.
- Good planning and organisation skills, resourceful, meticulous with eye for details.
- Passionate, strong determination and positive attitude with the ability to be innovative and think out of the box.
- Adaptable, able to multitask and work independently within tight timelines.
- Committed team player, responsible, reliable and able to work with others to achieve division goals.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of office hours and on weekends.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend