Manager, Internal Audit
Job no: 496720
Department: Internal Audit
Contract type: Contract, Permanent
The successful incumbent plan, organise and perform internal audit reviews and ensure follow up on implementation of audit recommendations. As well, collaborate closely with business users and other assurance providers, as appropriate. Key deliverables include adherence to auditing standards and best practices in the following:
• Develop IA procedures and programmes, as part of audit planning, risk assessment and scoping.
• Perform end-to-end reviews of business processes to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and systems in addressing financial, operational and compliance risks.
• Examine, evaluate and review business units/functions to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Incorporate use of audit analytics using Excel, QLIK or other software.
• Prepare detailed work-papers (risk-control matrix, business process controls analysis, workflows, conclusions).
• Investigate and determine root cause of errors or control gaps.
• Recommend actions and improvements to help the University operations.
• Prepare comprehensive and well-written audit reports.
• Assist the Director and Senior Manager in ad-hoc assignments as required.
• Degree in Accountancy or other professional accounting qualifications recognised by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (e.g. CA / CPA/ ACCA).
• At least 3 years audit experience with sound fundamental knowledge of auditing principles and internal control frameworks.
• Candidates with prior auditing experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm or internal audit experience from leading commercial companies would be an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cohesively within a small team in a start-up environment.
• Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Ability to multi-task and possess positive attitude with good time management and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of SAP, Risk Management, Data Analytic tools is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend