IT Executive / Senior IT Executive (End User Computing)
Job no: 496725
Department: Communications and InformationTechnology
Contract type: Contract
The End User Computing (EUC) team is a function of the Communications and Information Technology (CIT) division. The Team provides first level support to the Users of SIT for all CIT’s activities and full support to all EUC activities. The successful incumbent will manage the IT helpdesk and on-site Engineers to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness. The duties will include the following:
- To develop and maintain procedures related to monitoring, tracking, and coordination of helpdesk and end user computing support activities.
- To ensure and monitor service level targets / benchmarks and measure performance against those benchmarks.
- To develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including: operations guidelines and procedures, inventory checklists, deployment guides, budget information, training guides, FAQ and support materials.
- To communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders to assess support needs, assist in the identification of technology needs, and respond to customer service concerns.
- To facilitate equipment, services, and software purchases and implementation; and manage inventory and licensing reconciliations.
- Manages vendors and outsourcing contracts.
- To oversee IT helpdesk and on-site Engineers in the problem-management process (the identification, prioritization, escalation and resolution of end user help requests), to ensure quick and accurate responses to all end users, while emphasizing a customer-focused attitude.
- To oversee timely delivery of quality technical support service to staff and students.
- To work with IT teams and other division staff to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize performance, reliability and efficiency.
- To provide assistance to SIT Users with their EUC equipment as according to the SLA.
- To provide support for Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, MS software and Academic software.
- To promote responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
- To manage the deployment and the reclaim of EUC equipment and the coordination of related services.
- To manage EUC inventory of software licenses, software media, hardware, accessories and supplies.
- To assist with the purchase (tender, ITQ, RFP, etc.) of software, hardware, accessories and supplies.
- To undertake projects to implement CIT/EUC related projects.
- Degree in Computer Science from a good University or Diploma Holder with minimum of 3 years working experience in the same capacity.
- Experience in IT Helpdesk and desktop technology support operations, including experience troubleshooting and supporting computer applications and operating systems.
- Experience in supervising technical support staff is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Need to be proactive and able to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues, end users, and with external vendors.
- Good customer-service skills required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
- Good management skills particularly in project management, change management, outsourcing and contract management.
- Good planning and administrative skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10 and added advantage in Linux and Mac OS (10 and above).
- Knowledge in iOS and Android mobile devices support is preferred.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend