Research Engineer / Research Fellow - Project (TKT)
Job no: 496727
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to develop dynamic control and dynamic efficiency models for microgrid applications.
- Work with the research team to develop predictive control algorithm for energy management optimization of single microgrid and multiple interconnected-microgrids.
- Work with the research team to implement and test the developed energy management and control strategies.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Develop dynamic models of solar PVs, diesel generators, battery energy storage systems, power electronic converters and electrical loads for microgrid applications
- Implement and carry out simulation studies for microgrid and interconnected-microgrids
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have a Master’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University. Major in Power Engineering will be advantageous.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in dynamic modelling and energy management optimization algorithm development using MATLAB/Simulink, PSCAD or PLECS for microgrid applications.
- Knowledge on predictive control is highly preferred.
- Have experience and commitment to supervising student projects and providing training.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend