Professional Officer (Mechanical Engineering) - Project (AW)
Job no: 494509
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will participate and manage the research project with principal investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met
- You will conduct computational fluid dynamic (CFD) simulation of microfluidic devices, and Computer Aided Drawings (CAD) for prototype devices.
- You will also fabricate and test microfluidic and scale-up prototypes, and assemble microscope and other electronic devices to prototype devices for online monitoring.
- As a Professional Officer trained in mechanical engineering, you will also guide and facilitate SIT’s students learning during hands-on and practical activities to enhance the students’ technical problem-solving skills and increase their preparedness for the industry
- Procure and manage all relevant hardware and software required for the project including carrying out associated risk assessment and ensuring compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Assist in laboratories management and provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects.
- You should have a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, or in related fields such as microfluidics technology or CNC precision machining.
- Preferably 3 years of relevant industry experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Experience in fabricating prototypes using mechanical engineering tools and instruments including the handling of CNC micromiller and laser cutting equipment.
- Experience in photography and video editing is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Fluid Mechanics.
- Experience in Arduino, PCB electronics, robotics and CAD.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend