Professional Officer (Chemical Engineering) - Project (CWS)
Job no: 494535
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- You will work closely with the PI, co-PI and industry partner to perform experiments to determine an optimized method to convert fresh vegetables (leaf and stem) into nutritional powder supplement without compromising nutrient content.
- You will perform phytonutrient quantification, including vitamins, sulforaphane, and glucosinolates, as well as antioxidants content determination.
- You will be required to maintain laboratory equipment, prepare project reports, carry out data analysis and plan experiments independently.
- You will procure and manage all relevant consumables required for the project. You need to carry out associated risk assessments and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratory.
- You will also co-supervise SIT’s student learning during their final year projects and industry induction program and provide competency supports for SIT in-house projects and assist in laboratory management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar from a recognized university. A postgraduate degree is preferred. Alternatively, extensive experience in analytical methods for nutrient quantification.
- Experience in HPLC, GC-MS, and/or powder characterisation techniques is highly desirable.
- Interest in innovative food product development.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Experience and commitment in supervising student projects and providing training.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend