Technical Officer (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering)
Job no: 494583
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Temporary
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure the safety, cleanliness and tidiness of laboratories.
- Assist in managing activities in the laboratories and ensure safety procedures are observed.
- Support Faculty and Professional Officers in the following:
Perform procurement of laboratory equipment and consumables as well as liaison with vendors/suppliers.
Track and maintain laboratory documentations (i.e. Equipment Manuals, Risk Assessments and Material Safety Data Sheets) and inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals and consumables.
Track and manage laboratory waste.
Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Preparation of laboratory materials and setting up of experiments for laboratory classes
- Operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Management of laboratory space for student projects, project equipment and storage
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering laboratories.
- Have a Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of Computer / Network Maintenance will be advantageous.
This is a temporary position and the successful applicant will be employed on a 1-year contract.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend