Professional Officer (Civil Engineering) – Project (CSP)
Job no: 494615
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Research and study on the section properties and welding procedure specifications for high strength steel
- Conduct metallurgical and mechanical testing of high strength steel
- Develop design guide for high strength steel sections
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes and projects etc. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form a part of the responsibilities.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of metallurgical and mechanical testing. Skills of finite element simulation (ABAQUS or ANSYS) will be advantageous.
- Have at least 3 years of research and work experience in steel structures.
- Have a Master’s Degree (by research) in Civil Engineering from a recognized University. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with structural design code Eurocode 3 (EN1993-1) and welding code for steel AWS D1.1 is preferred.
- Proficient in research and academic support work, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend