Professional Officer (Electrical Engineering)
Job no: 494617
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, projects or IWSP. Development of learning activities / materials and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the following areas:
- Large power system modelling and analysis
- Microgrid / island power system design & implementation
- Engineering design, modelling & analysis of conventional power, wind & solar farms
- Engineering design of transmission & distribution substations, electrical distribution systems of industries and commercial buildings
- Power system protection application and relay coordination
- Have at least 4 to 8 years of work / research experience in Electrical / Electronic Engineering environment or labs teaching. Experience in Information Communication Technology lab or Mechatronics lab will be advantageous.
- Have a Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge in micro power grid system, power engineering international practices and standards, power system analysis tools such as PSS/E, PowerFactory, ETAP, OpenDSS & ATP, as well as Python and Matlab will be advantageous.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend