Manager, Laboratory Safety
Job no: 494614
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Ensure safety framework and safety measures in laboratories are aligned with institutional policies and broad framework. These include risk assessments, safety documentations, etc.
- Be the custodian for POD safety policy documents and procedures, maintain safety records and manage all required reporting.
- Ensure compliance of laboratories to relevant provisions stipulated by regulatory bodies such as NEA, SCDF and SPF. These include fire safety, waste disposal, chemical storage and handling, mechanical systems and pressure vessels
- Work closely with Professional Officers and Technical Officers to implement and maintain risk control measures
- Plan and conduct lab readiness assessment and safety inspections. Regularly survey laboratories to identify gaps in safety culture and operations.
- Conduct mishap investigations and complete required accident reports
- Work with SIT’s Safety & Health Division (S&H), Estates Division, external authorities and vendors on safety related matters
- Review contractor’s work statements and coordinate document submissions to S&H and Estates Divisions. Contribute to drafting of risk assessments for common equipment, and provide solutions to safety problems
- Maintain oversight on licenses (e.g. NEA, SCDF and SPF) including the updating of Emergency Response Plan prior to the renewal of SCDF PFMS license
- Provide and coordinate laboratory safety education and orientation to students and staff members which includes general lab safety briefing and enrolment of LMS safety modules for new lab users.
- Be the primary first aider, and brief new first aiders on medical emergency arrangements where necessary
- MOM registered WSHO with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Workplace Safety and Health
- Have strong working knowledge of Safety & Health Regulations and Acts, with regards to laboratories in particular, as reflected by qualifications and continuous training
- Possess knowledge of safety policies and procedures that comply with rules and regulations
- Able to perform safety inspections and draft associated reports
- Able to identify and correct safety deficiencies in the laboratory
- Able to implement and assess occupational health and safety compliance programmes with regards to laboratories in particular
- Be a hands-on, practical problem solver
- Demonstrate self-initiative in solving problems
- Demonstrate effective team work especially with peers
- Show good communication skills in dealing with peers, vendors, students and Faculty
- Laboratory safety experience in an Engineering related field will be advantageous
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend