Assistant Manager (Operations), Student Life
Job no: 495632
Department: Student Life
Contract type: Contract
The Assistant Manager/Senior Executive of Student Life is responsible for coordinating, managing and executing key student development initiatives in SIT. The role requires the individual to support daily operations of the division, which includes project management, student relationship development and partnership management. The position contributes to the creation of a vibrant student life and university campus. The Assistant Manager/Senior Executive reports directly to the Director of Student Life.
- Assist in the managing of Student Medical Insurance, liaise with broker on insurance matters including generating of monthly claim statistics and procurement.
- Collation of Monthly Academic Group reporting.
- Guiding of Student Associates, assigning their duties and also look after their well-being.
- Organising for Value Added programmes for students and working with student task force.
- Being in charge of Student Life email account with prompt response and in charge Student Life phone line and Website.
- Handling of applications for the Laptop Support Scheme.
- Overseeing all inventories and low value assets.
- Processing and filing of division’s finance documents.
- Assist in operational matters in Student Life including monitoring of the division annual budget which includes but not limited to monthly reporting and budget variance analysis
- Keeps up to date with the latest training practices, trends and technology.
- Networks with external partners and stakeholders to create enriching opportunities for students to develop their professional skills.
- Carry out administrative functions which include procurement of collaterals and budget management.
- Support community engagement services, experiences and initiatives.
- Ad doc projects as assigned by Director of Student Life.
- Degree from a good University with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in an educational/community/corporate environment.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, to connect with students, and bridge students with staff.
- Passionate, positive attitude with the ability to be innovative and think out of the box.
- Adaptable, able to multitask and work independently within tight timelines.
- Committed team player, responsible, reliable and able to work with others to achieve division mission.
- Strong organizational and coordinating capabilities with excellent administrative skills
- Ability and willingness to work outside of office hours and on weekends.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to Jobs Refer a friend